Sunday, November 25, 2012

Morning Glory

I am an unusual teenager, or well, I am in my book. In the morning instead of grueling and dreading waking up; the moment my alarm goes off I am up and wide awake. I think I got it from my Dad, the inability to sleep in, even on weekends, because my Mom can easily sleep in till noon or later. Of course, it would be nice to sleep in one or two days to catch up on some sleep. But I also feel that why waste your time sleeping when you could be awake and active? In Dean Karznases's book "Ultramarthon Man" he talks about how on average, we sleep a total of 26 years in our life time, that's like 1/3 of your life! Fruitful thought, yes?

Nevertheless, it is a lot easier to wake up in the morning with the question of "What yummy breakfast am I going to make myself today?"

Here is one of my many favorite morning meals, Sie's BIG Breakfast Bowl (adapted from Rip's Big Breakfast Bowl from the book Engine 2 Diet.) The ingredients vary from bowl to bowl but the one pictured above has the following:

Sie's BIG Breakfast Bowl

Ingredients: 

1 Ripe Banana (Half of it mashed and half sliced)
2 Barbara's Wheat Hockey Pucks (a.k.a. Barbara's Shredded Wheat)
1/3 Cup of Rolled Oats
1 Tsp. of Ground Flax
1 Cup of Misc. Fruit (Strawberries, Blueberries, and Raspberries.)

Enjoy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment